We're committed to family ownership and continuing the work ethic that has paved the way for our success. We value our employees and praise them for delivering the highest caliber of customer service. We work hard as a team and celebrate our accomplishments.
Markstein offers the most competitive and comprehensive benefit offering for our industry. They include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), LTD, and FSA,
In addition to an array of health benefits, we offer competitive compensation and incentive programs that reward sales contributions toward achieving the company's strategic goals.
- Discounted gym membership
- Onsite work out equipment
- Onsite massage therapist twice a week
- Onsite chiropractor once a week
- Optional services such as Legal Shield, AFLAC and Employee Assistance Program
- We support our local community with event sponsorships & donations
- Annual food drive for Contra Costa County Food Bank
- Partner with local law enforcement and fire department
The merchandiser is a key part of our customer relationship and represents Markstein Sales Company. Your high quality merchandising is a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed our customers and suppliers expectations.
What we provide for you:
-4 x 10 schedule
-Medical/Dental/Vision/Life after 60 days
-Vacation, Holidays, 401(k)
-Wellness program that includes onsite chiropractic care and massage therapy.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive through assigned territory to call on established accounts and perform required service.
• Transport product from on-site storage area to shelves and cooler.
• Rotate existing product and place new product on the shelves following our strict rotation and stocking policy.
• Clean and organize on-site storage area after completion on stocking product.
• Refill existing displays with product from the on-site storage areas.
• Must be at least 18 yrs old with valid driver’s license and liability insurance
• Clean DMV record
• HS Diploma or GED
• Ability to drive your personal vehicle to a variety of store locations (auto allowance paid)
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to perform hard work in a fast paced environment.
• Successful completion of background check, physical and drug screen.
• Previous retail/grocery experience a plus.
• Flexible to work weekends & holidays.
• Employee must be able to efficiently maneuver a fully loaded hand truck, work a pallet jack and work around forklifts.
• Repetitive lifting (from floor to waist, chest high and above), bending and carrying up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally lift over 50 lbs.
• Ability to push and pull over 100 lbs while adhering to the safety expectations.
Receives, stores, distributes and loads products within establishment. Carries out all normal functions involving normal operations of warehousing product and loading of route trucks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Comply with all Markstein Sales Company policies and standards and Anheuser-Busch Equity Agreement requirements by accomplishing the following:
Follow and adhere to all warehouse receiving, storing and loading standards.
Select orders, build standard and bulk orders, pre-sell and driver-sell orders using forklift, jack and/or other warehouse equipment. Stack product for orders onto pallets, carts and/or other means in neat and safe manner that complies with AEA, ABC, Markstein and Company guidelines.
Confirm and sign off on accuracy of order selection regarding case counts, product and SKU selection, etc. Promptly correct or adjust order once notified by Loader of discrepancy.
Safely drives and operate forklift, jack and/or other approved warehouse equipment to transport or convey selected or stored product and/or merchandise from warehouse to shipping, loading, staging or receiving area as required. Select and/or convey products from various locations to convey, ship, etc.
Record which products or orders have been selected. Promptly notify Loader, Receiver, Shift Lead and/or Warehouse Supervisor of product damage, shortage, overage, inaccurate BIN locations, missed put away and other discrepancy.
Read daily assigned work orders and determines items to be gathered and distributed to trucks.
Convey returned products or empty cooperage from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas. Receive, convey, rotate, and place product on racks, shelves, or in designated picking zones according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, or product code.
Fill requisition, work order or requests for products and distribute items to delivery personnel, draft workers or customers.
Record amount of products received or distributed.
Drive class C vehicles from parking area to loading docks. Inspects vehicle for safety requirements.
Practice safety at all times.
Record which products or orders have been received. Notify Warehouse Supervisor of missed appointments or product shortage and/or damages.
Put product away in designated location of warehouse, aisle or BIN location. Convey, rotate and place product on racks, shelves, and designated order selection areas in manner consistent with established guidelines for brand, size, style, packaging and product code. Product put away requires accuracy in order to maintain efficiency of order selection process. Accurate product put away essential for maintain inventory integrity, product quality and safety considerations.
Maintain clean and organized receiving area(s) and monitor housekeeping activities for compliance with Markstein, AEA and Company requirements. Obtain disposition of returned products, pallets and cooperage to designated locations.
Maintain forklift, jack or other warehouse equipment for cleanliness and safety. Report equipment failure to Warehouse Supervisor and obtain repair requisition. Fill requisitions and work orders for supplies, equipment maintenance and repairs. Submit requisition or order to Warehouse Supervisor or Account Manager for approval.
Assume loading and/or order selection duties as needed or required. Cross knowledge of loading and order selection process and functions necessary to provide Company and Markstein with adequate support and operational back up.
Mark and identify product for freshness, code date and rotation information as required by Markstein and AEA. Count and record product for receiving within warehouse to ensure conformance to company, Markstein and AEA standards.
Adhere all CEW compliance standards and monitor warehouse and product temperature.
Must have ability to work with others, keep a schedule, be regular and reliable in attendance, ability to focus on details and follow instructions/take direction.
Maintains knowledge of industry issues that pertain directly to your essential job functions.
Work and maintain breakage if assigned.
Build Costco orders when assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education; or one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Warehouse and/or distribution experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current forklift, jack or other warehouse equipment operation certification preferred. Company safety compliance and training sessions.
Valid Commercial driver’s license preferred.
Must be able to read and communicate in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Good basic math skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend and walk around. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms above and below shoulder level; and on occasion climb. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift, stack and/or move/carry up to 50 pounds, and occasionally move up to 165 lbs. with aid of hand truck. Must maneuver a hand truck and pallet jack and operate shrink wrap machine and successfully pass the required tests to obtain certification to operate a fork lift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to refrigerated areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and wide temperature variations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Delivery Truck Driver
Deliver, shelf stock and merchandise product to all pre-sold accounts in a safe, accurate and time efficient manner. Maximize every opportunity to increase sales and distribution of all Markstein Sales Co. products while maintaining a high level of customer service and product quality Responsibilities Include:
- Meets established Markstein Sales Company delivery standards and Anheuser-Busch Equity Agreement requirements by performing the following duties:
- Must be able to drive automatic and manual shift trucks.
- Must be able to deliver and render services to all our different type of accounts.
- Rotates, stocks, and checks all product for quality control.
- Build strong relationships with retailers by delivering products in a timely and efficient manner and rotating product as necessary to ensure product freshness.
- Informs regular accounts/customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints with accounts.
- Current Class A Driver License and medical card
- Ability to work a physically demanding load (e.g. 160# kegs)
- Strong work ethic
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)